New York Slip & Fall Lawyers
Injuries suffered on another’s property – whether it is a home, store, shop, office, sidewalk, or commercial building – are often the result of negligent maintenance or even complete disregard for the safety of others. If you or a family member has been injured in a slip-and-fall or other accident away from your home, you may have a premises liability claim.
NY City Premises Liability Lawyer
At the New York slip and fall accident law firm of [nap_names id=”FIRM-NAME-1″], clients come to us for representation when they have suffered a variety of types of personal injuries from a number of accidents, including:
- Inadequate security
- Lead paint poisoning
- Municipal liability/accidents
- Falling on broken stairs
- Grocery story accidents
- Elevator/escalator accidents
- Daycare accidents
- Being hit by scaffolding and other falling objects
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Parking lot accidents
- Inadequate lighting accidents
- Shopping mall injuries
- Falling in potholes
- Slipping or tripping and falling
- Ceiling collapse
If you have suffered a slip and fall injury or lost a loved one as a result of an accident, contact us at [nap_phone id=”TOLL-FREE-CT-NUMBER-6″] for a FREE case evaluation. For over 50 years our law firm has been getting results for injured New Yorkers.
Big Apple Pothole Protective Committee
- Our principal attorney Stephan Peskin has been the president of the Big Apple Pothole Protective Committee (Big Apple) since 1997. Big Apple was formed to map all of the existing defects on sidewalks within New York City and report those defects to the New York City Department of Transportation.
- Until September 15, 2003, an injured party could not recover from the City of New York unless the City had prior written notice of the existence of the sidewalk defect. Big Apple supplied that written notice.
- The laws governing New York City sidewalk accidents are currently undergoing an enormous change. The new law is being challenged on a constitutional level.
- Because of his position at Big Apple, Mr. Peskin is in the center of the legal struggle to protect the rights of persons injured on the sidewalks of New York. Big Apple continues to provide notice of defective sidewalks to landlords of abutting buildings who are now responsible for maintaining the sidewalks.
Contact a New York slip and fall lawyer at the law firm of [nap_names id=”FIRM-NAME-1″] today to begin the process of resolving your case. We offer a FREE initial consultation with Stephan Peskin. Together, we can determine the possibilities for your case. Contact us today to gain a confident partner on your side!
Browse some of our premises liability articles:
- Fatal Day Care Accident Leads To Multiple Lawsuits
- Inadequate Security In NYC Buildings Is A Big Problem In Summer
- When Is Water Too Hot?
- If A Golfer Fails To Yell ‘Fore,’ Does An Injured Person Have A Claim?
The NYC slip and fall accident injury law firm of [nap_names id=”FIRM-NAME-1″] represents clients in all five boroughs of New York: Manhattan, Staten Island, Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx, as well as Suffolk County, Nassau County, and the remainder of the State of New York. The discussion on this page is generic and not specific to NY law, which may be materially different.